Jobwell – Volunteer Board MembersOrganization Type: Social & Community Services
Address: 525 Montreal Street, Kingston, Ontario K7K 3H9
Contact: Laura Novitsky
Jobwell (previously VOCEC) exists to create meaningful job opportunities for people living with persistent mental illness and is seeking Volunteer Board Members to help support its continued success and growth.
To achieve its mission, Jobwell operates a series of small businesses including cafes, commercial cleaning, and assembly. Together, these ventures employ 100 people living with mental illness. As an award-winning not-for-profit, all earnings are reinvested to create more jobs in Kingston.
We have weathered the pandemic and are on a mission to grow. Volunteering as a Board Member is a meaningful way to contribute to a thriving and vibrant Kingston community.
Board Member Contributions:
- Volunteer 2-3 hours per month
- Provide Operational Guidance
- Suggest and approve ideas for new and existing businesses
- Review Financial Statements and approve allocation of funds
- Provide guidance and input for policy development
- Advocate on behalf of the corporation and its members
- Contribute to planning and strategic exercises to ensure business growth