Shopping Angels CanadaOrganization Type: Social & Community Services
Address: Toronto, Ontario M5H 2N2
Contact: Anastasia Kalantarova
Shopping Angels is a program designed to provide services to those populations deemed especially at-risk for the novel COVID-19 virus that is spreading throughout Canada. In addition to a Canadian branch, there are branches of Shopping Angels in all fifty states and Australia with close to 5,000 volunteers. To help ease the uncertainty, anxiety, and fear surrounding this pandemic, we are looking for volunteers to personally shop and deliver groceries or other shopping necessities to those who may prefer to stay within the safety of their own home at no additional cost.
Shopping Angels is a free delivery service for groceries and other necessities. At this time, we cannot guarantee to provide these items free of charge.
Please be aware that we are updating our volunteer standards to prevent transmission of infection. Volunteers must:
- be 18 years of age or older, unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- not have been in contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- have not traveled outside of the country in the last 14 days
- not display any symptoms of illness (major symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- wear rubber/latex gloves or a substitute (i.e. gardening/snow gloves)
- practice social distancing and good hand hygiene
- wear masks or alternatives (scarves, bandanas, etc.) when available
- find a partner to volunteer with (i.e. family member, friend) to ensure your own safety. You may take separate cars to maintain social distancing when appropriate!
- carry cash change (in increments of $1, $5, $10 bills and/or coinage). If clients are paying cash upon delivery, we want to ensure that they receive their items and only pay the amount on the receipt – with no extra delivery charges or fees.
- frequently check your temperature to verify a lack of fever before delivering to an at-risk client.
In order to sign up volunteers are asked to fill out a form: https://forms.gle/YgP35fUELGyrkMzH8
The coordinator will reach out to volunteers individually and assign the able and healthy volunteer to a client. The volunteer then receives an email regarding protocol and the client’s address. From here, the volunteer will reach out to the client to coordinate a shopping trip and delivery!
For any questions and concerns, we can be reached at email@example.com.